Yesterday was what has become a typical Saturday for me... up on the mountain pretty early for a day of skiing! However, I usually spend most of the day by myself and then do a few runs with Jeremy. I've been making slow but steady progress, and this weekend I was able to spend the entire day skiing with the rest of the group!
I did several new blues and felt comfortable for the majority of the day. For my last run, they took me to the top of the mountain to do "See Forever." It was absolutely beautiful...seeing the snow capped mountains completely surrounding me, but I was a little uncomfortable up there on the precipice. Even though the trail was pretty flat for a while (and at least 15 feet wide), I felt like I was going slide right off the edge! I felt much better after the trail dropped a little and there were huts and snow along side of me. It was then that there were some pretty steep pitches (one in particular). Luckily, they were wide enough that I felt comfortable making my turns without worrying that people would crash into the back of me. I took my time and made it to the bottom without falling or even losing control! I was proud of myself, and I could definitely tell I was skiing with a bunch of teachers...they were so encouraging! Next time, I'll definitely have to take my camera up so the rest of you can see how amazing it is!
Last night we also took advantage of my prize from December's Teacher of the Month...dinner and and a night at the Sheridan (one of the oldest and most expensive hotels in Telluride). After skiing we checked in and were able to take advantage of the rooftop hot tub before our dinner reservations. It was nice to experience the more expensive side of Telluride for once!
Today it has finally warmed up again, so I'm off on another hike! Hope everyone has a wonderful Super Bowl Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment