Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankfully...we've made it to Thanksgiving!

I've never seen an entire school so ready for Thanksgiving break! The kids were outrageously energetic and the teachers were exhausted, but luckily we now all have a short break from one another. For the elementary school, we actually had ten days without seeing our kids, as we had a grading day on Friday and meetings all day on Monday and Tuesday. Break officially started for teachers this morning when I woke up on my own without an alarm! Although I have a lot of work to do over break for National Boards, I'm also going to get in some relxating!

Jeremy and I are staying here in Telluride. Iva is going to come over and hang out on Thanksgiving, but other than that we're on our own. Jeremy has bought an 18 pound turkey to feed three people, so we may all actually turn into turkeys, but oh well! We're also planning on homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, homemade stuffing, and of course the pumpkin pie (my job).

While I never thought I would complain about 60 degree and sunny weather, this unfortunately means no skiing over break. Last year this time Lottie and I were taking our first ski lessons, but this year I'll be out hiking. We had several inches of snow in October, but absolutely none yet in November. They started blowing snow at the begining of the month but gave up this week because it was all melting during the day. We were a little optomistic that we'd get some of the 6-12 inches the Denver area is supposed to get today, but alas the sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky!

Hope everyone is doing well. Love you!

3 comments:

medusa1229 said...

Happy T(of)urkey Day to you! :-) It's been unseasonably warm here, too, this week. Don't know whether I like that or not.
Take care,
Jess.

Anonymous said...

Snow here in Omaha today and very cold. I'll try to send it your way. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love ya,
ma

Anonymous said...

It's cold here today. Snow was predicted but we didn't see any. We watched the parade and then the Turkey day game between Webster and Kirkwood. It was on television because it was the
100th anniversay of the game. Sounds like you might have lots of good left overs. Hope your Thanksgiving was happy.