We are finally back to sleeping in our own bed, reading next to our very own fireplace, and taking in the grandeur of our little mountain town. After everything and everyone we've seen this summer, I was afraid home may be a little too quiet. But driving into the San Juan Mountains was just as amazing as I remembered, and the weather has been just as wacky! I forgot that in the mountains it can be raining and hailing one minute and sunny the next!
We've managed to get about 75% of the living room full of wedding gifts & STUFF, camping gear, and suit cases put away; I've spent several hours reading for enjoyment; I've coaxed my computer back into functioning fully (with the help of software from my friendly school district tech guy); and I've finally hit the treadmill again while watching Card's games. It's time to burn off those honeymoon calories! Most people don't have 46 days worth of calories to worry about :)
I'm looking forward to some relaxation and task completion before school starts at the end of August. Tasks to complete:
1. Name Change... Who knew changing my name was going to take forever to do? It seems slightly ridiculous that no one has yet invented a singular "name change form" that can be sent via the internet to absolutely everyone to get this job done. Isn't this the age of instant information? Shouldn't changes to said information also be instantaneous?
2. Wedding Pictures... Still waiting for the CD of pictures from the official photographer. Then I promise thank you cards will be ordered, written, and mailed out! I may be a bit tardy with the thank yous, but that doesn't mean I'm any less appreciative! Wedding albums and prints after the thank yous are completed.
3. Get ready for school... a bit of shopping, digging into two literacy related books I picked up, organizing, and deciding what to do about my wiki.
4. Read, read, read...
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment