Today we removed our "tourist hat" and visited some old friends of Jeremy's for an afternoon barbecue in the suburbs of Stockholm. It was great fun and they even tested my Swedish a bit, although they spoke mostly in English for me. However, Jeremy says I impressed them with my language skills, and next time we see them they have promised to not go as easy on me language wise!
Yesterday we took an amazingly long walk around an island called Djurgarden, which is like a little piece of the countryside in the middle of the city! It was beautiful, and I've included some pictures below. My feet are feeling the effects of walking for close to four hours in flip flops, but I think it was worth it. Next time I'll be better prepared with proper footwear and water when Jeremy suggests a long walk!
Kungstradgarden:

Strandvagen... the most expensive real estate in Stockholm:Djurgarden... and yes they're herding real sheep with real border collies in that last picture!

No comments:
Post a Comment