Sunday, February 18, 2007

Nature Upclose



Not the greatest quality, I know... but nevertheless they captured the moment.

I was leaving my place for dinner Thursday night when I encountered nature up close. It was that beautiful time of day when the sun was just going down... and when all of the hoofed animals are coming out to feed. I opened my front door and found two deer literally standing on my front porch! We stared at each other for a long while, before it finally occurred to me I should run and get my camera to record this odd happening. Of course, by the time I got the camera out and ready to go, they had moved on down to the snow covered ice rink that lies beyond my front porch, which is where they are in the above pictures.

1 comment:

Anna said...

What great pictures and what a lovely experience.
I'm in the UK, and despite the rest of the country having heavy snow for one day only, none of it landed on us!
Enjoy.