Thursday, July 19, 2007

Omaha

So I've been in Omaha for just over a week and have loved being able to sleep in , relax, read, and just hang out. Of course it helps that my parents have an entire gym in the basement, so I'm also able to get in a really good workout each day.

Before my parents and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie last Friday I had time to reread the book, which was great. Of course they can never put everything from the book into the movie, but just having it at the front of my mind made the whole movie experience better. Then I proceeded to reread the sixth book in preparation for the release of the final Harry Potter book on Saturday. I can't wait!

Besides the Harry Potter books I have been reading others as well. I had already started a book concerning Educational Reform and the need for raising teacher salaries. At first it was interesting, but I think it must have been written for nonteachers...personally, it just made me depressed, thinking about all the things I'll never be able to do or give my family unless I marry someone with money. So, alas, I had to put it away. Maybe I'll pick it back up at later date when I'm back among my inspirational friends and coworkers.

The next few day are pretty full, but I'm definitely looking forward to them. Tomorrow dad is taking the afternoon off and we're going to a Triple A baseball game between the Memphis Redbirds and Omaha Royals. Then Saturday we're all taking a road trip to some yet to be determined point of interest (most likely the site of Brown vs. Board of Education in Kansas), and Sunday mom has a bunch of ladies from the neighborhood coming over to make projects for Project Linus as her service project.

On Monday I will finally make the long treck back HOME, a place I haven't been since June 13th. I can't wait to get back! I'll have just a few days before heading out to Vegas for the next weekend, but the month of August should be MUCH more low key than the rest of my summer has been.

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: