Telluride, CO --> Berthoud, CO --> Omaha, NE --> Fort Knox, KY --> St. Louis --> Somers, MT --> Yellowstone, WY --> Berthoud, CO --> Omaha, NE. Nearly 5,000 miles!
The four week stretch of travel has finally ended. We loved seeing everyone and enjoyed our time in each area of the United States, but we were happy to be close to home yesterday evening. As we were driving from Yellowstone back to Jeremy’s parents’ house near Denver, I got a call mentioning some issues with Telluride. Apparently, smoke from the wild fires in Utah has been blown into our little box canyon and is filling the town with smoke. According to the people in charge, “It’s not dangerous as no chemicals have been burned, only brush. It just doesn’t look or smell good.” Not great news for someone with asthma who loves to hike out of doors! Of course, we tried to glean as much information as we could from the Telluride Daily Planet’s website, but found little helpful news. And, since it is summer and we are only friends with other teachers, everyone we know is out of town! I wasn’t sure I wanted to be in that situation, so I am currently in Omaha visiting my lovely parents again and Jeremy is preparing for a fishing trip with his dad. I’m looking forward to two weeks of calm, sleeping in the same bed for the entire time, and not having to haul my suitcase in and out of the house more than once! Of course I am available by email and phone should anyone wish to contact me… I’m not sure, but I may just get bored while my parents are slaving away at work each day…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment