Today mom, dad, and I went on our field trip to Kansas. The Tall Grass Prairie was beautiful and interesting, but I think it would be even more spectacular in the spring when all of the wild flowers are in bloom. Then we backtracked to Topeka to squeeze in the Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Landmark before it closed. It's in an old elementary school building, and the exhibits were both compelling and very impressive. Not only was the information and media informative, but it was presented using more technology (videos that surrounded you with different perspectives, interactive kiosks, etc.) than I've ever seen in any other national park or monument. Overall, a very nice day considering I had to get up at 6am for the first time in weeks!
In August, 2006, I realized my dream of moving to the Rocky Mountains and fell in love with my new home. I also fell in love with a wonderful man, and we were married in June, 2009.
1 comment:
Great pictures of the little house on the prarie!!! I miss you!!
Post a Comment