Sunday, December 24, 2006
Car Trouble (Kind of)
By Wednesday evening the snow had finally let up, leaving 2+feet of the white stuff on the ground. I was coming home from school and made it safely up Society Drive to my parking area. Of course the plows had plowed right into the parking spots, leaving snow piled 3+ feet high. In my defense, there were tire tracks over the snow pile where a vehicle had previously been parked. I know this is not a sufficient excuse for my actions, but nevertheless I atempted to park my car in the same space. I got a running start and hit the tire tracks exactly…my front wheels made it, but then my car bottomed out in the snow drift! Of course I was a little worried, seeing as the rear of the car was still sticking out in the road, but I am an independent woman…surely I could dig the car out! At this point, I tried to get out and start digging. Unfortunately, the snow was piled so high that I couldn’t even open my doors! I ended up having to crawl out of my car window. Luckily I don’t think anyone saw me. As I was standing there, in a drift up to mid-thigh, contemplating my next move a van rolled up the street with one of my little six year old’s family inside. They were kind enough to help push me back out onto the road. Apparently any time it snows more than 2 ft, I’m going to have to park in the little parking lot that gets plowed on a regular basis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment