Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Cold Conditions

Hope everyone has recovered from the winter storm that seemed to hit the entire country. Family and friends have told me Missouri and Illinois had it much worse than my new hometown...or maybe it's just that they don't know how to deal with it as well as Colorado (the street cleaners, utility companies, etc...not the loved ones). We ended up with much less than the 2.5 feet predicted, and it was nice not having to dig my car out from under more than 24 inches of white powder! Don't get me wrong...I was still wearing my full winter boots (the ones that go all the way up to my knees), winter coat, gloves, and hat when I went outside to brave the frigid conditions (negative teens over night), but no power outages and such. It has currently warmed up some, but traveling down the ski slopes at not so high speeds still gives you frostbite on the nose and cheeks! I went for a couple of hours this past Saturday and had an amazing amount of fun! After gaining confidence and speed through numerous runs down a few easy greens, I ended the outing with an attempt at a long double green run. I must say it was a success!

No comments: