Ok...so some of this is drift on top of steps, but it's still quite a bit of snow!
With over a foot of snow already blanketing the earth due to steady snow showers throughout the past 24 hours, and another 12-18 inches predicted over night, I'm enjoying the winter wonderland from indoors and praying the roads are clear by Thursday afternoon for the journey northeast to Denver and beyond.
The few inches of white stuff Sunday night was greatly appreciated by my six-year old ski experts who skied their way down fresh powdery slopes during Monday's "school." Two weeks in a row they've been lucky enough to have powder days for Ski PE! After a mandatory meeting I was able to join them on the slopes and had an awesome time! I helped the kiddos onto and off of the lifts whenever they happenned to need it, catered to a wide variety of needs at lunch (everything from opening packages and getting in and out of ski gear to making a long treck to the bathrooms since a watermain had frozen and left those nearest to us out of order), and was able to ski in the afternoon with my aid Sally, who happens to be an excellent skier. It was like having my own private lesson for free! She assured me that we were doing nothing more difficult than a double green, but after looking at a trail map today, I have discovered that she had me on a few blues! Anyways...we made it back to school with everyone just as the storm began heading into the valley.I spent the evening cleaning my apartment and baking Christmas cookies for school, so I was pleasantly unaware of the storm brewing outside until this morning. Luckily, I left enough time in my morning routine to dig my car out of the snow and still get to school in a timely manner (my remote start is wonderful, but when there's anything more than an inch of snow it takes too long to let it do all the work). The kids had a ton of fun in the snow today, but when I walked out the door I found that the car was yet again burried in snow. The purchase of snow boots that literally come up to my knees has definitely payed off!


No comments:
Post a Comment