Thursday, November 16, 2006

"My brain is getting bigger!"

I am almost always impressed with my kiddos...we all know that. Their attitude towards school and willingness to learn are absolutely refreshing. Lately, however, I can tell they are in severe need of a break. After tomorrow, they will thankfully have an entire week to relax away from their everyday buddies at school who have been getting on their last nerve.

Even with their struggles getting along, they still make me smile! Today a little boy (who moved out of a second grade and into my class due to academic and social problems, as well as speaking very little English) came in with the brightest smile on his face! He walked right up to me and exclaimed, "Ms. Hasty, my brain is getting bigger!" When asked why he thought this was so, he replied, "because I know all this new stuff I couldn't learn before!" How precious is that!?!

No comments: