
So I have been absolutely loving this new place I call home... completely amazing scenery, fresh air, miles of beautiful trails to hike, a totally new start! And even though I'm much more remote (traveling 2.5 hours just to go the mall is a little rediculous), my new experiences here have kept my spirits pretty high. The atmosphere is a complete 180 from before (and I don't just mean the oxygen...). Most everyone is extremely laid back, which means less stress for me, although waiting three times as long for anything to get done has taken a little while to get used to. The fall colors were gorgeous, even if they only lasted for a week and a half before the first snow, and I've been able to forge some new friendships. I've visited Mesa Verde, as well as the Denver area several times, and recently had snow tires put on the car (after a rather treacherous trip to Denver through blizzard like weather).
One of the few drawbacks has been not being in St. Louis to experience history in the making last week as the Cardinals won the World Series for the first time in 24 years! I was jumping up and down and shouting, at home all alone (I was slightly under the weather, but had I been in the St. Louis metro area, you can bet my illness would not have stopped me for the world!). GO CARDS!
No comments:
Post a Comment