Ok, so we know that I can never do things the easy way. Instead of just being allergic to something that was easy to identify, I instead had to pick something that was unidentifiable. Today I drove 2.5 hours to "the best allergist on the Western Slope," only to find out that I'm "slightly" allergic to everything he tested for (40-50 little pricks in the back and right forearm), and moderately allergic to cats. Nothing that should have cause my facial swelling and throat constriction. BIG SURPRISE! His conclusions were as follows (yes, there were several):
1. I have a chronic sinus problem (when he asked the last time I didn't have a runny nose, I had to admit I couldn't remember...sometime in the last decade though).
2. My facial swelling and throat constriction were caused by a sudden allergic reaction to ibprofen (I know that's a spelling mishap waiting to happen), which I was taking to alleviate the sinus headaches.
3. I also have strep throat, which I probably got from my kids while I was taking the steroids to relieve the swelling and throat constriction. Apparently steroids somewhat repress your immune system (according to my general physician).
So while I'm not feeling all that great, at least I have some idea of what is going on and am beginning a wide range of medication to combat the little germies and histamines that are rebelling in my body. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment