Those who know me best are probably wondering if I've gone insane... after all I've been complaining about perfect weather (60 degrees and sunny)! I'm just so excited about learning how to ski that I can't help but hope for snow!
Lottie and I were able to take lessons on Friday, which were a blast! There were only a few runs open (2 to be exact), but since we spent most of the lesson on a tiny hill learning how to stay upright, stop without falling on our rears, and turn back and forth across the slope smoothly, the shortage of options didn't really matter. I was a little worried after my last experience braving the slopes at the end of March. If I was going to be fainting mid-slope I was afraid the ten day pass I purchased wouldn't get used. Thankfully, I must be much more used to the altitude, because although I was tired, I wasn't even ready to stop at the end of the afternoon! Yes, there were a few mishaps... Yes, my muscles were sore for the two following days... And yes, I CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN!
After an extremely warm and dry November the weather-people are predicting approximately 1.5-2 feet of snow in the next three days with highs in the teens. This is wonderful news for a ski resort/town! I foresee a multitude of practice runs in the coming weekends, with the goal of conquering at least the blue runs by the end of ski season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are so cute:)
Post a Comment